Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What a Wonderful First Day!



What a fantastic first day of school!
The day really seemed to fly by! Everyone seemed happy to be back in school and we couldn't be happier.
We met as a third grade team after PE today in the Kagan room. We discussed rules, homework, switching classes, and "all that good stuff". Notice our picture above. This is the list that the students developed to guide our year. We are dedicated to showing respect, being good listeners, and always being the best citizens we can be!

We also learned how to use our planners! Please check them to see what nightly homework is. We are asking students to keep their Social Studies and Math Reference books at home in a safe place. Students, also, were assigned a small Math project that is due on Friday called "Numbers About Me". Mrs. Hardin is excited to see what students come up with!

We hope everyone had a great first day. Thanks to our parents ahead of time for working on all the paperwork tonight that came home in the Ziploc bag. There is a checklist attached that tells which paperwork must come back to school.

We look forward to seeing all your beautiful faces tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Kailey

    I had fun on the first day of school. I love changing classes. All of my teachers are nice and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun on the first day of school.I made alot of friend.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinosaur Cove
    Attack of the Tyrannosaurus
    by, Rex Stone

    In the book, two boys named Jamie and Tom, remind me of being good partners. My connection is when I work with my partners at my table and have a good partnership. Working as partners is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had bunches of fun on the first day of school. I love all of my teachers. They are so nice! Have a happy school year to all teachers and students!

    ReplyDelete